1. I’m a total hypocrite for starting a blog. As a staunch advocate of privacy, I value having conversations face-to-face, ear-to-ear, or email-to-email with those who have earned places in my life. I do NOT condone dumping updates and photos on the web and directing people to read-all-about-it! in lieu of having such interactions. Nevertheless, too many people have insisted that I keep a blog for me to avoid doing so in good conscience.
2. Prior to departure I asked a friend for advice on writing a blog. She recommended Grandma-proofing it. After considering this sound suggestion, I decided it would be best to stay honest and keep my thoughts authentic; you won’t find a filter here. You’ve been warned.
3. I will attempt to post biweekly updates. Unless, of course, I am on vacation, an occurrence that happens quite frequently.
4. Please don’t live vicariously through me; create your own adventures. It isn’t difficult to turn off your electronics and do something that truly brings you pleasure in life. When was the last time you read a book that was so good you couldn’t put it down, or bundled up to take a walk in nature, or spent two+ hours experimenting in the kitchen, or met an old friend to catch up? I recommend The Art of Non-Conformity for inspiration.
5. All images are © Mallory Larson. Unauthorized use is prohibited.
6. This site is intended for my friends and family, not for the world at large, and especially not for assholes.